Communication & Strategic Development Officer (Part-Time) - Dublin
Job Title: Communication & Strategic Development Officer
Reports to: NCP General Manager
Hours: part time (3 days)
Overall Purpose of Job
New Communities Partnership is looking for an experienced Communication & Strategic Development Officer to create and implement communications strategies that further our goals. As our organization expands, we’re in need of someone who can promote our brand, interact with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers. Applicants should be excited about developing and implementing plans to engage target audiences and spread the message about our services. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of success in the communications sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preference will be given to those who also have experience and skills in Digital Marketing.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Oversee the production of communications materials including annual reports, brochures, newsletters and website
- Assist in Research and Data Collection
- Manage media relations, including press release generation and feature management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the PR function and the benefits for NCP
- Oversee the proofing of all official correspondence to third parties to ensure the professionalism of NCP is reflected consistently
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and policy makers
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences that will help advance our work
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in communications and strategy development OR related field
- The ability to bring innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organisation
- The ability to effectively measure the impact of activities and to report on it
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills, with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently to internal and external audiences
- Highly self-motivated, innovative and able to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing an added advantage
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Strong understanding of the context within which we work to achieve our goals
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
To apply, please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 21st of September 2018 @5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in the week of 1st of October 2018.
NCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER