Opportunities with us
NCP is currently recruiting candidates for the following position:
Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: NCP Board of Management
Overall Purpose of Job
- Reporting to the NCP Board of Management, the General Manager will support and coordinate the work of the NCP and its member groups.
- The General Manager will work closely with the board of management to ensure that all action plans are implemented and to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Manage the day to day running of the NCP, including the effective management of its offices and staff
- To implement programmes/projects in line within funding requirements
- Represent the NCP at external forums and in discussions with various policy and funding agencies, including making submissions on policy
- Identify and secure resources including funding, to enable NCP to deliver on its plans
- Ensure that NCP member groups and new members are supported to participate fully in the NCP
- Support the board of management to draw up all necessary policies and procedures for NCP
- Prepare monthly and other required reports to facilitate monitoring, evaluation and compliance requirements
- Responsible for the management of accounts and all financial transactions
- Promote NCP with external partners including NGO’s, statutory agencies and others
- Oversee communication within NCP
- Further the development of the NCP by attending meetings locally and nationally and internationally as required
- Ensure the effective management of ethnic minority forums in agreed locations across the country
- Leadership and management skills
- Financial management understanding and experience
- Relevant experience at a strategic level in a similar organisation
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to tackling racism and discrimination
- Understanding and relevant work experience in community development
- Working knowledge of the NCP and its member organisations
- Ability to speak a second language
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future
To apply, please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to:email@example.com stating clearly the position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is Monday, 15th of January 2018 @5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in the week of 22nd of January 2018. The work expected to commence on 1st of February 2018.
NCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER