Opportunities with us
New Communities Partnership is looking for Volunteers for NCP Youth English Homework Club!
About the Programme
NCP Youth is a youth project developed by NCP to identify the challenges and issues migrant youth face in Ireland. The main activity of NCP Youth is to facilitate English Homework Clubs to support and assist migrant children in primary and secondary schools in order to achieve their full potential, have the same opportunities as their Irish peers, to better integrate into the school system and to prevent early school leaving.
- Working with NCP Youth once a week for one hour to deliver weekly classes to specific schools in Dublin Inner City (Dublin 1 and Dublin 7)
- Helping migrant/refugee students with English and homework in their schools (after or during the school hours)
- Working in collaboration with the school teachers to deliver effective support to the students.
Benefits you will receive
- Experience in teaching and exploring new career path
- Learning to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Learning about other cultures, meeting people and building networks
- Engagement with NCP and their work of integration in Ireland
- Learning about school environment and practises
- Fluent in English
- Experience in teaching/facilitation (desirable but not essential)
- Between 4-6 months commitment
- Garda Vetting
How to apply: You can send your CV & Cover letter to Sevak Khachatryan by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The programme is funded by Department of Justice and Equality through National Funding to Promote Integration of Immigrants.