NCP is looking to hire a dedicated Communications & PR Officer
5 Sep 2019
Job Title: Communication & PR Officer
Reports to: CEO
Hours: Part time (3 days)
Overall Purpose of Job
New Communities Partnership is looking to hire a dedicated Communications & PR Officer to join our team. The Communications & PR Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications & PR Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, social media, events and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s activities and services
- respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organisation
- establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database
- seek opportunities to enhance the population of the brand, and coordinate publicity event as required
- maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the PR function and the benefits for NCP
- Oversee the proofing of all official correspondence to third parties to ensure the professionalism of NCP is reflected consistently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ relevant experience in a communication role
- Knowledge of any publishing software
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in social media platforms
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Application: To apply, please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to: email@example.com stating clearly the position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 27th of September 2019 @ 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in the week of 1st of October 2019.