We are hiring! Communications Officer
3 Feb 2020
Communications Officer (Part-time)
Role Purpose: New Communities Partnership is looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. An undergraduate Degree and equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
Reporting to: NCP’s Chief Executive Officer
· Develop and implement NCP’s internal and external communications strategy
· Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
· Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, social media, events and other marketing material that communicates NCP’s activities and services
· Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organisation
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database
· Seek opportunities to enhance the population of the brand, and coordinate events as required
· Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
· Oversee the proofing of official correspondence to third parties to ensure professionalism of NCP is reflected consistently.
· Relevant Qualification (Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media, or related field)
· Minimum of 1-3 years’ relevant experience in a communication or similar role
· Excellent IT skills (Knowledge of diverse software packages, social media accounts)
· Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Good time management and organisational skills
· Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Proficient and able to manage social media platforms
· Knowledge of NCP and of its work up to date
· Knowledge of the immigration system in Ireland and of issues affecting migrants
Terms and conditions:
Part time position (21 hours per week), fixed 1 year contract with possibility of extension (06 months probation)
Salary is commensurable with experience. Post is based in Dorset Street, Dublin.
20 days annual leave pro rate + additional Christmas paid annual leave
Candidates should send a copy of their CV accompanied by a brief cover letter outlining suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of the email should read: Application for NCP’s Communications Officer
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, 11 February 2020
All applications will be acknowledged. Interviews will take place on the week of 18 February 2020.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
NCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER