Irish Citizenship Application Form
CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION IRELAND
YOU MUST USE THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE FORM TO MAKE AN APPLICATION. THESE ARE AVAILABLE BELOW.
Applications received on old versions of the form will be returned.
The forms include an application guide and a checklist to assist you in completing your application. Please read all guidance carefully before filling out and submitting your application. Invalid applications are returned in their entirety for further attention.
POSTAL ADDRESS FOR APPLICATIONS ON BEHALF OF MINORS:
Citizenship Applications (Minor)
PO Box 12079
POSTAL ADDRESS FOR ADULT APPLICATIONS:
Citizenship Applications (Adult)
PO Box 73
There are four different naturalisation application forms:
- Form 8 (Size 330KB) should be completed by all applicants aged 18 or over.
- Form 9 (Size 100KB) should be completed by a naturalised parent on behalf of their minor child.
- Form 10 (Size 1120KB) should be completed by the parent/guardian on behalf of their minor child who has an Irish Association. This is an eForm, which must be completed electronically.
- Form 10 guidance note (Size 48KB)
- Form 11 (Size 1457KB) should be completed by a parent/guardian on behalf of a minor born in the state for naturalisation as an Irish Citizen. You must have 5 years reckonable residence since the birth of your child i.e. your child should be at least 5 years of age when you make this application. This is an eForm, which must be completed electronically.
- Form 11 guidance note (Size 54KB)
Other Citizenship Forms
- Form C (Size 46KB) Declaration under section 28A of the Act of 1956, by a parent, with periods of residence in Northern Ireland, of a person not of full age in respect of whom a certificate of nationality is being sought under section 28 of that Act.
- Form 1 (Size 44KB) Declaration of citizenship by a person of full age, born in the Island of Ireland, its islands or seas, who has lodged a declaration of alienage under Section 21 of the 1956 Act.
- Form 5 (Size 90KB) Annual registration and declaration of intention to retain Irish citizenship by a naturalised Irish citizen residing outside Ireland.
- Form 13 (Size 46KB) Declaration of alienage by a person of full age.