Migrant Family Support Service (MFSS)
The Migrant Family Support Service (MFSS), established in January 2014 and supported by Tusla Child and Family Agency, delivers culturally sensitive supports and advocacy services to migrant families who are experiencing child protection interventions.
The service offers practical advice and support to migrant families, foster families and social workers. The Migrant Family Support Service also works with existing child protective services, and child support services, to promote the common goal of positive outcomes for migrant families.
All MFSS supports are FREE and confidential. The service is available nationwide.
1. Information and advocacy for migrant families with children in care or who are currently experiencing child protection interventions:
- Drop in clinics in Dublin and Cork
- Referral to external support services
- Outreach to families, communities and Direct Provision centres
- Accompaniment to Court and/ or meetings in the Social Work Departments
- Inter-agency meetings
2. Awareness raising about Child Protection practices in Ireland for migrant and religious community leaders and migrant NGOs:
- Child Protection Training
- Information sessions
- Information literature
- Information about Tusla-Child and Family Agency services
3. Cultural support for front line professionals (such as TUSLA Staff) and others, including foster parents:
- Information provisions, helpline and meetings
For further information please contact:
DUBLIN - NCP Migrant Family Support Service Tel 01 872 7842
CORK - NCP Cork Migrant Family Support Service Tel 021 239 9910
Click below to download our guidelines in English, French or Spanish and Tigala Best Practice Guide for Cultural Care Planning