Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP)
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme focuses on reducing poverty and promoting social inclusion and equality through local and regional engagement and collaboration. Its vision is to improve the life chances and opportunities of those who are marginalised in society, living in poverty or in unemployment through community development approaches like involvement of migrants at all levels in society.
All SICAP supports are FREE and confidential. The service is available in Dublin Inner City and Greater Dublin Area, for migrants.
The service was established in April 2015 and is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD), European Social Fund (ESF) through POBAL.
WE PROVIDE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT ON THE FOLLOWING:
For Individuals / One to One Support
- Drop in Clinics.
- Referral to external support services.
- Learning supports (including referrals to English language classes and computer classes)
- Referral to courses for new skills and adult education.
For Groups / Group Developement
- Group formation.
- Capacity building.
- Facilitating involvement at local and regional decision making process.
- Offering a communal office space for migrant led groups.
For further information please contact:
Francesco De Salvia
NCP Community Development Coordinator
Tel: 018727842 or 0873967609