MAP Employment Training
“Supporting migrants to access employment in Ireland”
Migrant Access Programme (MAP) is a new service established by New Communities Partnership (NCP) in partnership with Mendicity institution to support migrants to increase their employment opportunities in Ireland.
MAP is a FREE service that assesses participants needs and provides them with a “Toolkit” to outline their career future.
Our aim is to empower migrants and assist them in overcoming cultural and personal barriers to access employment.
- Employment Training: 4 weeks (2 days per week) intense group training in different languages (English, Romanian, Lithuanian, Russian, and Spanish), and one-to-one meetings of personalised support.
- Work Ready!
- Write a successful CV and create a template for cover letter.
- Basic presentation and effective communication skills.
- How to find career opportunities and information on institutions and jobs available.
- English for job seeking
- Understand recruitment ads and identify key phrases for employment.
- Understand and use the vocabulary related to employment skills and experience.
- Mock interviews to practice communication skills.
- Essential IT skills for making successful job applications
- Create and format word documents.
- Create, format and send emails and attach supporting documents.
- Find and complete online job opportunities.
Employment training sessions are delivered nationwide. Course materials are included.
2. Public information sessions:
- 1-day information sessions delivered nationwide on:
- Employment rights and entitlements.
- Qualification recognition and training and volunteer experience.
- Employment supports and services available.
- CV templates and interview skills.
For further information and how to register please contact:
NCP Migrant Access Programme (MAP)
Tel: (01) 872 7842
This project is funded through ESF PEIL Programmes, co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.