National Development and Integration
Scheme to Support National Organisations in the Community and Voluntary Sector(SSNO)
In 2019 NCP successfully sought out funding through the SSNO to recruit a nationwide National development and Integration Officer. The post is funded through Pobal and the Department of Rural and Community development. The role was identified as crucial for growing NCP’s outreach to migrants on a national level.
NCP’s National development & integration officer is responsible for initiating, maintaining and developing a sustainable working relationship with key groups and individuals engaged with NCP, actively promoting awareness of social inclusion, integration and anti-poverty issues in the new communities.
Taking over in September 2019, NCP’s National development & integration officer will work across a range of areas at both local and national levels. Some of the highlights of the work include:
- Creation and implementation of an outreach plan to reach NCP member groups and other community groups. This plan was created in line of community work values, with a view to support communities in their integration trajectories throughout the country.
- Implementation of a structured approach for working with new communities, government authorities, NGO’s and local agencies.
- Support for our CASS (Citizenship application service) in Cork through providing information to local communities on the citizenship application process.
WE PROVIDE INFORMATION AND SUPPORT ON THE FOLLOWING:
For Individuals / One to One Support
- Drop in Clinics
- Referral to external support services.
- Learning supports (including referrals to English language classes and computer classes)
- Referral to courses for new skills and adult education.
For Groups / Group Development
- Group formation.
- Capacity building.
- Facilitating involvement at local and regional decision making process.
- Offering a communal office space for migrant led groups.
For further information, please contact:
National Integration & Development Officer
The Scheme to Support National Organisations is funded by the Government of Ireland through the Department of Rural and Community Development.